Features of Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, Second Edition text:
• Combines the best of inductive and deductive approaches
• Uses actual examples from the Hebrew Old Testament rather than “made-up” illustrations
• Emphasizes the structural pattern of the Hebrew language rather than rote memorization, resulting in a simple, enjoyable, and effective learning process
• Colored text highlights particles added to nouns and verbs, allowing easy recognition of new forms
• Chapters Two (Hebrew Vowels), Nine (Pronominal Suffixes), Seventeen (Waw Consecutive), Eighteen (Imperative, Cohortative, and Jussive), and Twenty-Three (Issues of Sentence Syntax) are revised and expanded
• Section of appendices and study aids is clearly marked for fast reference
• Larger font and text size make reading easier
• Updated author website with additional Hebrew language resources and product information (www.basicsofbiblicalhebrew.com)
Numerous student and instructor resources for Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar are available on Zondervan’s resource website located at www.TextbookPlus.Zondervan.com.
Table of Contents
- Section 1: The Basics of Hebrew Writing
- Section 2: The Basics of Hebrew Nouns and Nominals
- Section 3: Introduction to Hebrew Verbs and the Qal Stem
- Section 4: Introduction to the Derived Stems
- Section 5: Reading and Studying Your Hebrew Bible
- 1. Verb Paradigms
- 2. Diagnostics At-A-Glance Charts
- 3. Summary of Endings on III- ה Verbs
- Hebrew-English Lexicon Subject Index
This title includes 9 Teaching Resources for instructors. These resources may include presentation slides, image and map libraries, quizzes and exam questions, and more.
This title includes 5 Study Resources for those wishing to enhance their learning. Watch videos featuring the textbook authors, test your knowledge with quizzes and flashcards, and more.
Sign in to your Zondervan Academic account to access TextbookPlus+ resources.
Don't have an account? Sign up today.
Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1Taught by Miles Van Pelt, Gary D. Pratico
Part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 will introduce you to the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew, so you can begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.
Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2Taught by Miles Van Pelt, Gary D. Pratico
The second part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 picks up where Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 leaves off, digging deeper into the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew. Together, these two courses equip you to begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.
Enhance your school’s traditional and online education programs by easily integrating online courses developed from the scholars and textbooks you trust. Learn More.
Pursue a deeper knowledge of God through self-paced college- and seminary-level online courses in Old and New Testament studies, theology, biblical Greek, and more. Learn More.