Working knowledge of the Torah is essential for every serious student of the Scriptures. Written in an engaging and accessible voice, even while digging into difficult and complicated matters at a sophisticated level, The Torah Story emphasizes the content of the text itself, moving beyond debating dates and theories of authorship into understanding how these five key books of the Bible help us understand the story of salvation. Providing flexible options for further study, each chapter includes the following:
• Tips and tools for getting started • Questions that focus on key issues Key terms to look for • Outlines and summaries of the material • An interactive workshop designed for students, individuals, or study groups • Challenge questions drawn from the chapter and biblical text • Advanced questions for those who want deeper exploration of biblical contexts, language, and exegetical or theological issues • Research project suggestions • Discussion activities using films to engage the biblical narrative (selected chapters) A refreshingly new approach to the Torah—neither an introduction nor a commentary—The Torah Story provides a model of how to read Scripture intertextually. It leaves no doubt as to the overarching unity of the message and composition of the Pentateuch.
Table of Contents
- PART ONE — GENESIS — IN THE BEGINNING
- PART TWO — EXODUS — THESE ARE THE NAMES
- PART THREE — LEVITICUS — AND HE CALLED
- PART FOUR — NUMBERS — IN THE WILDERNESS
- PART FIVE — DEUTERONOMY — THESE ARE THE WORDS
This title includes 11 Teaching Resources for instructors. These resources may include presentation slides, image and map libraries, quizzes and exam questions, and more.
This title includes 0 Study Resources for those wishing to enhance their learning. Watch videos featuring the textbook authors, test your knowledge with quizzes and flashcards, and more.
Sign in to your Zondervan Academic account to access TextbookPlus+ resources.
Don't have an account? Sign up today.