The definitive reference work on science and Christian belief
How does Christian theology relate to scientific inquiry? What are the competing philosophies of science, and do they “work” with a Christian faith based on the Bible? No reference work has covered this terrain sufficiently—until now.
Featuring the work of over 140 international contributors, the Dictionary of Christianity and Science is a deeply-researched, peer-reviewed, fair-minded work that illuminates the intersection of science and Christian belief. In one volume, you get reliable summaries and critical analyses of over 450 relevant concepts, theories, terms, movements, individuals, and debates. You will find answers to your toughest questions about faith and science, from Adam and Eve and the Age of the Earth to Evolution and String Theory.
- Entries for over 450 key terms, theories, individuals, debates, and more will help you think through some of today’s most challenging topics, including climate change, evolution, bioethics, and much more
- Essays from over 140 leading international scholars, including Francis Beckwith, Michael Behe, Darrell Bock, William Lane Craig, Hugh Ross, Craig Keener, Davis Young, John Walton, and many more
- Multiple–view essays on controversial topics allow you to understand and compare viewpoints
- Learn about flesh-and-blood figures who have shaped the interaction of science and religion: Augustine, Aquinas, Bacon, Darwin, and Stephen Hawking are just the beginning
- Full cross-reference system, and entries include references and recommendations for further reading
“Every Christian studying science will want a copy within arm’s reach.” —Scot McKnight, Northern Seminary
“This is an invaluable resource that belongs in every Christian’s library. I will be keeping my copy close by when I’m writing.”—Lee Strobel, Elizabeth and John Gibson chair of apologetics, Houston Baptist University
“Sparkles with passion, controversy, and diverse perspectives.”—Karl Giberson, professor of science and religion, Stonehill College
“An impressive resource that presents a broad range of topics from a broad tent of evangelical scholars.”—Michael R. Licona, Houston Baptist University
“I am certain that this dictionary will serve the church for many years in leading many to demonstrate that modern science can glorify our Creator and honor his creation.”—Denis O. Lamoureux, University of Alberta
“‘Dictionary’ is too humble a label for what this is! I anticipate that this will offer valuable guidance for Christian faithfulness.”—C. John Collins, Covenant Theological Seminary
Get answers to the difficult questions surround faith and science!
Adam and Eve | the Age of the Earth | Climate Change | Evolution | Fossil Record | Genesis Flood | Miracles | Cosmology | Big Bang theory | Bioethics | Darwinism Death | Extraterrestrial Life | Multiverse | String theory | and much, much more
This title includes 0 Teaching Resources for instructors. These resources may include presentation slides, image and map libraries, quizzes and exam questions, and more.
This title includes 0 Study Resources for those wishing to enhance their learning. Watch videos featuring the textbook authors, test your knowledge with quizzes and flashcards, and more.
Sign in to your Zondervan Academic account to access TextbookPlus+ resources.
Don't have an account? Sign up today.