Announcing the new Biblical Languages Certificate Program
Imagine opening a copy of the Greek New Testament or the Hebrew Bible and being able to understand what it says in the original languages. When you complete the new Biblical Languages Certificate Program, you'll be able to do exactly that.
The Biblical Languages Certificate Program will deepen your understanding of God's word for preaching, teaching, and personal study. You'll gain foundational knowledge for reading and understanding the Bible in the languages it was originally written in, and you'll be well-positioned for advanced language study.
By signing up for the Biblical Languages Certificate Program, you'll learn the basics of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic—everything you need to begin working with the text of the Bible in the original languages.
Whether you prepare sermons, lead Bible studies, or teach the Bible in a classroom setting, there's simply no better way to get equipped with the skills you need for serious study of the biblical text.
As part of this program, you will get:
- Immediate access to 5 online courses: Basics of Biblical Greek 1, Basics of Biblical Greek 2, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2, and Basics of Biblical Aramaic
- 76 hours of video lectures from William D. Mounce, Gary D. Pratico, and Miles Van Pelt
- The ability to work through the courses at your own pace—take up to 24 months
- A certificate upon successful completion of the program
No prior knowledge of Greek, Hebrew, or Aramaic is required.
What you will learn
Completion of the Biblical Languages Certificate Program will allow you to:
- Work with the original language texts of the Bible.
- Master the elements of Greek grammar and syntax.
- Master the Greek noun and pronoun case system.
- Master the Greek Present Active Indicative.
- Master the Greek verbal system.
- Master the nuances of the Greek participle.
- Begin to apply Greek syntax in exegesis.
- Build a basic Greek vocabulary of 320 common Greek words, 80.25% of the Greek New Testament.
- Master the basics of reading and writing in biblical Hebrew: the alphabet, vowels, syllabification, and pronunciation.
- Identify Hebrew nouns, pronouns, adjectives, prepositions, and the definite article, and know their various forms.
- Master the Hebrew verbal system.
- Recognize and understand basic Hebrew syntax.
- Build a vocabulary of 300 words in biblical Hebrew.
- Master Hebrew infinitives and participles.
- Begin to use a working knowledge of grammar, syntax, and vocabulary in exegesis of the Old Testament.
- Know the Aramaic alphabet.
- Be able to read all 269 verses of Aramaic in the Old Testament.
- Understand Aramaic nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and other parts of speech.
- Acquire a basic familiarity with Aramaic verb forms.
The most affordable way to learn the biblical languages
By enrolling in this Certificate Program, you will get access to five online courses at a reduced rate. If you were to sign up for each course separately, you would pay $999.95. But by signing up for this program of study, you will pay only $799.99—that's nearly $250 in savings.
Even better, during the month of September, take an additional $50 off this price. That brings the price down to only $749.99 to be able to read the Bible in the original languages of Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic.
Additionally, instead of typical 12-month access, you will get a full 24 months to complete all courses, giving you extra flexibility.
Stay in the loop
Be the first to know when new language courses, free videos, and other valuable resources become available. Sign up today:
Sign up complete.