Answers to the most common questions and misconceptions about the Bible
Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew about the Bible is a short and readable introduction to the Bible—its origins, interpretation, truthfulness, and authority.
Bible scholar, prolific author, and Anglican minister Michael Bird helps Christians understand seven important "things" about this unique book:
- how the Bible was put together;
- what "inspiration" means;
- how the Bible is true;
- why the Bible needs to be rooted in history;
- why literal interpretation is not always the best interpretation;
- how the Bible gives us knowledge, faith, love, and hope; and
- how Jesus Christ is the center of the Bible.
Seven Things presents a clear and understandable evangelical account of the Bible's inspiration, canonization, significance, and relevance in a way that is irenic and compelling. It is a must read for any serious Bible reader who desires an informed and mature view of the Bible that will enrich their faith.
About the Author
Michael F. Bird is academic dean and lecturer in New Testament at Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author or editor of more than thirty books, including What Christians Ought to Believe, Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew about the Bible, and Evangelical Theology. He writes at michaelfbird.substack.com and can be followed on twitter @mbird12.