From New York Times bestselling author of Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus Nabeel Qureshi—a former Muslim—comes his deeply personal, challenging, and respectful answer book to the many questions surrounding jihad, the rise of ISIS, and Islamic terrorism.
San Bernardino was the most lethal terror attack on American soil since 9/11, and it came on the heels of a coordinated assault on Paris. There is no question that innocents were slaughtered in the name of Allah and in the way of jihad (meaning warfare against the enemies of Islam, in this case).
But do the terrorists' actions actually reflect the broader religion of Islam? The answer to this question is more pressing than ever, as many Muslim refugees are still migrating to the West, seeking shelter from the violent ideologies of ISIS, Al-Qaida, and other radical Islamic groups.
Setting aside speculations and competing voices, Qureshi explores the answers to difficult questions like:
- What is Islam, and is it a religion of peace or violence?
- Is there a clear definition and doctrine of jihad?
- How are we to understand jihad and radical expressions of Islam in relation to our Muslim neighbors and friends?
- Why is there such a surge of Islamist terrorism in the world today, and how should we respond?
- How does jihad compare with Old Testament calls to warfare?
In Answering Jihad, bestselling author Nabeel Qureshi answers these urgent questions from the perspective of a former Muslim who is deeply concerned for both his Muslim family and his American homeland.
About the Author
Nabeel Qureshi was a speaker with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. He earned an MD from Eastern Virginia Medical School, an MA in Christian apologetics from Biola University, and an MA in religion from Duke University.