33 fascinating objects. 1 amazing story. Join author and pastor Tim Challies as he embarks on a three-year journey spanning multiple continents and some of the most unusual places in the world. Tim introduces you to thirty-three carefully selected objects that help you understand the long and complicated history of Christianity in a unique and creative way.
Beginning with Jesus and the early church, Challies looks at:
- The importance of graffiti on an ancient jail cell
- The creedal significance of a carving on a museum statue
- The enduring importance of ancient manuscripts and books
- And much more!
Along the way, you’ll discover the story you're already a part of.
- An epic journey: 24 countries, 6 continents, 75 flights, 80 museums
- Beautiful full-color book design featuring the objects and Tim's journey
- The complete experience: a 10-episode documentary is also available, taking you on location and providing an immersive experience for understanding the history of Christianity
"Together we will listen to these voices of the past tell us the epic story of what God has done and continues to do in our world today." - Tim Challies
About the Author
A pastor, noted speaker, and author of numerous articles, Tim Challies is a pioneer in the Christian blogosphere. Tens of thousands of people visit Challies.com each day, making it one of the most widely read and recognized Christian blogs in the world. Tim is the author of several books, including Visual Theology and Epic: An Around-the-World Journey through Christian History. He and his family reside near Toronto, Ontario.