Journey into God's Word
Life is a journey, and like any journey, it requires an accurate, reliable roadmap to get us where we need to go. God has provided such a guide in his Word. But just as a navigator needs to learn how to interpret all the contours and symbols of a map, so also we need to be able to understand how the Bible communicates its directions to us. Journey Into God’s Word helps Bible readers acquire these skills and become better at reading, interpreting, and applying the Bible to life. This abridgment of the bestselling college/seminary textbook Grasping God’s Word takes the proven principles from that book and makes them accessible to people in the church. It starts with general principles of interpretation, then moves on to apply those principles to specific genres and contexts. Hands-on exercises guide readers through the interpretation process, with an emphasis on real-life application.
About the Authors
- Biblical Greek Exegesis: A Graded Approach to Learning Intermediate and Advanced Greek and with Terry G. Carter and J. Daniel Hays of the textbook Preaching God's Word: A Hands on Approach to Preparing, Developing and Delivering the Sermon.
- From Every People and Nation, and he has coauthored Grasping God's Word; Preaching God's Word; Journey into God’s Word; The Story of Israel: A Biblical Theology; Iraq: Babylon of the End Times?; Apocalypse; and The Dictionary of Biblical Prophecy. He teaches adult Sunday school at his local church in Arkadelphia, Arkansas, and preaches frequently throughout the nation.
- View Resource Midterm and Final Exam Study Guides 15.325 kB
Chapter 1 - The Interpretive Journey
- View Resource Chapter 1 Flashcards
Chapter 2 - Serious Reading
- View Resource Chapter 2 Flashcards
Chapter 3 - Keep Your Eye on the Horizon
- View Resource Chapter 3 Flashcards
Chapter 4 - What Do We Bring to the Text?
- View Resource Chapter 4 Flashcards
Chapter 5 - Discovering the Historical-Cultural Context
- View Resource Chapter 5 Flashcards
Chapter 6 - Discovering the Literary Context
- View Resource Chapter 6 Flashcards
Chapter 7 - Which Bible Translation Should I Use?
- View Resource Chapter 7 Flashcards
Chapter 8 - Meaning and Application
- View Resource Chapter 8 Flashcards
Chapter 9 - New Testament - Letters
- View Resource Chapter 9 Flashcards
Chapter 10 - New Testament - Gospels
- View Resource Chapter 10 Flashcards
Chapter 11 - New Testament - Acts
- View Resource Chapter 11 Flashcards
Chapter 12 - New Testament - Revelation
- View Resource Chapter 12 Flashcards
Chapter 13 - Old Testament - Law
- View Resource Chapter 13 Flashcards
Chapter 14 - Old Testament - Prophets
- View Resource Chapter 14 Flashcards
Chapter 15 - Old Testament - Psalms
- View Resource Chapter 15 Flashcards