The Christian church has a long tradition of systematic theology, that is, of studying biblical teaching on centrally important doctrines such as the Word of God, redemption, and Jesus Christ. Wayne Grudem’s bestselling Systematic Theology has several distinctive features:
- A strong emphasis on the scriptural basis for each doctrine
- Clear writing, with technical terms kept to a minimum
- A contemporary approach, treating subjects of special interest to the church today
- A friendly tone, appealing to the emotions and the spirit as well as the intellect
- Frequent application to life
- Resources for worship within each chapter
Bibliographies in each chapter that cross-reference subjects to a wide range of other systematic theologies.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Systematic Theology
- Part 1: The Doctrine of the Word of God
- Part 2: The Doctrine of God
- Part 3: The Doctrine of Humanity
- Part 4: The Doctrines of Christ and the Holy Spirit
- Part 5: The Doctrine of the Application of Redemption
- Part 6: The Doctrine of the Church
- Part 7: The Doctrine of the Future
- Appendix 1: Historic Confessions of Faith
- Appendix 2: Scripture Memory Passages from the NIV and NASB
- Appendix 3: Contemporary Worship Songs Classified by Chapter
- Appendix 4: Annotated Bibliography of Evangelical Systematic Theologies
- Appendix 5: Master List of Systematic Theologies Indexed at the End of Each Chapter
- Appendix 6: The Monogenes controversy: “Only” or “Only Begotten”?
‘“As a theology professor at Biola University where our students have to take three semesters of Christian doctrine I feel like I co-teach all my classes with Wayne Grudem. His Systematic Theology provides the core theology content for all my classes and most of the other undergraduate theology courses at the University. It excels in its clarity, readability, and biblically based approach that seeks to get theology into real life. Systematic Theology consistently accomplishes its obvious goal throughout—to lead the reader to greater knowledge and worship of the God of the Bible.’ Talbot School of Theology of Biola University – K. Erik Thoennes
“Our college has chosen this work as a standard textbook for all theology students over the last 10 years. No other theology text combines readability, range of views, and the ever-essential quality of reinforcing our systematic theologies with scripture… Each chapter closes with application questions, special terms, additional bibliography, a cross-section of other systematic texts with page numbers, a passage for memory, and a hymn…all centered on the theology of that chapter. A treasure chest of theological resource and relevance—and that’s only the end of each chapter!” Toccoa Falls College – W. Brian Shelton
This title includes 2 Teaching Resources for instructors. These resources may include presentation slides, image and map libraries, quizzes and exam questions, and more.
This title includes 126 Study Resources for those wishing to enhance their learning. Watch videos featuring the textbook authors, test your knowledge with quizzes and flashcards, and more.
Sign in to your Zondervan Academic account to access TextbookPlus+ resources.
Don't have an account? Sign up today.