The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching
A Comprehensive Resource for Today’s Christian Communicators.
This extensive encyclopedia is the most complete and practical work ever published on the art and craft of biblical preaching. Its 11 major sections contain nearly 200 articles, comprehensively covering topics on preaching and methodology, including:
- Sermon structure and “the big idea.”
- The art of introductions, transitions, and conclusions.
- Methods for sermon prep, from outlining to exercising.
- Approaches to different types of preaching: topical, expository, evangelistic, and more.
- Best practices for sermon delivery, speaking with authority, and using humor.
- Leveraging effective illustrations and stories.
- Understanding audience.
- and much more.
Entries are characterized by intensely practical and vivid writing designed to help preachers deepen their understanding and sharpen their communication skills. The contributors include a virtual Who’s Who of preaching from a cross section of denominations and traditions, such as Dallas Willard, John Ortberg, Rick Warren, Warren Wiersbe, Alice Mathews, John Piper, Andy Stanley, and many others.
Haddon Robinson and Craig Brian Larson—two of today’s most respected voices in preaching—provide editorial oversight.
Includes audio CD with preaching technique examples from the book.