The Concise New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and ExegesisComing Soon Request an Exam Copy
The Exegesis Quick-Reference Tool Every Pastor, Teacher, Student, and Scholar Needs
The Concise New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis (CNIDNTTE) by Christopher A. Beetham is a significant resource for those looking for a quick-reference guide to aid in exegesis and interpretation. It retains all the essentials of the monumental and magisterial New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis edited by Moises Silva, bringing together its most important elements into one accessible volume. This reference includes the most vital, relevant information needed to delve deep into the study of the Greek words used in Scripture for study of the New Testament--its texts and theology.
This volume offers a wealth of background and information on the meaning of Greek words in the New Testament, as well as related usage in classical Greek sources, the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint), and extrabiblical Second Temple Jewish literature. This significant tool offers the following features:
- All the nearly 800 entries covering over 3,000 Greek words found in the full edition are included and presented in the same order and arrangement
- Retains approximately 60 percent of the original edition, with the emphasis now on synchronic word study and usage in the Greek Old Testament, extrabiblical Second Temple literature, and especially the New Testament
- The unique arrangement according to Greek words and use of English concepts is retained from the full edition and allows all users to access Greek terms regardless of their level of competence in Greek.
- This edition retains the significant semantic-domain tool that directs the reader to all the Greek words that have something to do with a particular English word or concept. For example, under the English words "Resurrection," there is a list of four Greek words that are related to that topic.
- Discussions reflect the latest in modern scholarship
- Bibliographies retain essential references to other standard lexicons and theological dictionaries
The Concise New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis is the ideal tool for pastors, Bible teachers, students, and scholars engaging in exegesis. It is packed with the essential information needed to study the New Testament.