Understanding the Bible will provide you with a foundational knowledge of the entirety of Scripture with a focus on broadening your vision of Jesus Christ.
This book answers foundational questions:
- Who wrote the Bible?
- What is its message?
- Why is it thought to be a "holy" book?
- How does one read and interpret it?
By delving into the geographical, religious, and historical concerns that shaped the world of biblical times, you'll see Jesus as never before: both as a man of his times and culture, and as the culmination of a divine providence that prepared the way for the ministry of the Messiah.
Written by renowned preacher, writer, and apologist John Stott, this new, expanded edition includes:
- Questions at the beginning of each chapter to help you focus.
- New, up-to-date maps for the chapters on history and geography.
- An index to help you speedily access areas of interest.
About the Author
The Reverend Dr. John Stott was Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church, Langham Place in London, England, and had a worldwide ministry as a Bible expositor, speaker, and writer.