What's Best Next Study Guide
By anchoring your understanding of productivity in God's plan, the What's Best Next Study Guide gives your study group or class a practical approach for increasing effectiveness in work and life.
There are a lot of myths about productivity--what it means to get things done and how to accomplish work that really matters. In our current era of innovation and information overload, it may feel harder than ever to understand the meaning of work or to have a sense of vocation or calling.
So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
Matt Perman has spent his career helping people learn how to do work in a gospel-centered and effective way. What's Best Next explains his approach to unlocking productivity and fulfillment in work by showing how faith relates to work, even in our everyday grind.
The What's Best Next Study Guide, a companion to What's Best Next and the What's Best Next Video Study, offers a practical approach for improving productivity in all areas of life. It will help you better understand:
- How to create a mission statement for your life that's actually practicable.
- How to delegate to people in a way that really empowers them.
- How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
- How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
- How to have peace of mind without needing to have everything under control.
- How generosity is actually the key to unlocking productivity.
This twenty-four session study guide includes:
- Reflection questions for group and personal study
- Video teaching notes
- Frequent Bible references and quotes from Christian thinkers
- Ample space for notetaking
- Closing prayers at the end of each session
Productivity isn't just about getting more things done. It's about getting the right things done--the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward. You can learn how to do work that matters and how to do it well.
About the Author
Matt Perman is the director of career development at The King’s College NYC and cofounder of What’s Best Next, an organization that helps empower Christians to be more productive in all areas of life, and to do so in a way that is God-centered and gospel-driven. Previously, he served as director of marketing at Made to Flourish and was director of strategy at Desiring God for thirteen years. He is the author of What's Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done (Zondervan, 2014). Matt has an MDiv in biblical and theological studies from Southern Seminary and a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. Matt is a frequent speaker on the topics of leadership and productivity from a God-centered perspective and also consults with businesses and nonprofits, focusing on startups devoted to solving large global problems. He blogs at www.whatsbestnext.com.