Make Your Business Purposeful and Profitable
At its best, business is both purposeful and profitable, dynamic and gainful, commercial and rewarding. Far from being opposites, good business and good behavior go hand-in-hand, and biblical principles can align with best practices. In Wisdom-Based Business, marketing and supply-chain professor Hannah J. Stolze draws principles from the Bible's wisdom literature and from evidence-based research to create a framework for business that is oriented toward excellence and sustainability. This book addresses import issues such as:
- The virtue of profit
- Servant leadership
- Wisdom-based values, such as long-term over short-term, stakeholders, and quality
- Beneficial outcomes of wisdom-based business, including reputation and comparative advantage
- The ultimate outcome of eternal impact
Intended for business students and working professionals alike, Wisdom-Based Business demonstrates how to pursue profitability to the honor and glory of God. Unique among Christian books on business, it helps readers make the right decisions in business by presenting:
- Biblical Principles. Drawing upon the Bible's wisdom literature, each topic addressed is undergirded by insights from Scripture.
- Evidence-Based Research. Recommendations are thoroughly grounded in the best and latest research in the field.
- Case Studies: Each chapter demonstrates how the principles can be lived out in the real world, amid the inevitable challenges and competition all business confronts.
Any Christian who works in the marketplace or is training to work in the marketplace will benefit from Wisdom-Based Business' practical guidance on how to reflect Christian values in their corporate tasks and strategies--and on how those values can be not hindrances but keys to success.
About the Author
Dr. Hannah Stolze?is an author, teacher, speaker, and academic with a focus on sustainable supply chain management and the intersection of faith and business strategy.?Hannah is the inaugural William E. Crenshaw Endowed Chair in Supply Chain Management in the Department of Management in?Baylor’s nationally ranked Hankamer School of Business.?Dr. Hannah Stolze is the founding director of the Wheaton Center for Faith & Innovation at Wheaton College.?A former member of the U.S. Army, Stolze worked in public affairs, as a civilian in international business, and was a 2020 Fulbright Scholar in Indonesia. Stolze has conducted research with 50+ companies in the areas of global supply chain management and social and environmental sustainability. Stolze recently published an article on?sustainable SCM and bad press?in the?Harvard Business Review. Dr. Stolze is the author of the book,?Wisdom Based Business: Applying Biblical Principles and Evidence-Based Research for a Purposeful and Profitable Business?which has been endorsed by several industry leaders including Kristin Colber-Baker, Head of Global Talent, Mars, Inc. Learn more:?www.hannahstolze.com?and follow her on?LinkedIn.