Introducing CourseGuides from Zondervan Academic
MasterLectures is for people who love to learn. It’s for the curious. It’s where you can find thousands of video lectures on the Bible and theology from some of today’s most well-known Christian scholars.
As our suite of videos has grown to nearly a hundred lecture series and well over two thousand videos, we have gotten questions from subscribers:
- What’s the best way to learn with these videos?
- How can I get the most out of what I’m watching?
- What are the main themes I need to take away?
- How do I tie everything together?
We have now added a resource to help you get even more out of MasterLectures.
Imagine watching a lecture while sitting next to someone who has watched it before—someone who understands the material, who knows what to look for, and knows how to help you see it, too.
That’s what learning with a CourseGuide is like.
CourseGuides are created for formal and informal students alike who want to engage deeper in biblical, theological, or ministry studies. We hope these guides will provide an opportunity for you to grow not only in your understanding, but also in your faith.
Each CourseGuide has been individually designed to best equip you in your studies, but in general, you can expect the following components:
- Most CourseGuides begin every chapter with a “You Should Know” section, which highlights key terminology, people, and facts to remember. This section serves as a helpful summary for directing your studies.
- Reflection questions, typically two to three per chapter, prompt you to summarize key points you’ve learned.
- Discussion questions invite you to an even deeper level of engagement.
- Finally, most chapters will end with a short quiz to test your retention. You can find the answer key to each quiz at the bottom of the page following it.
Although the videos by themselves give you everything you need to learn the material, CourseGuides take you one step further.
See How CourseGuides Work
Below, you can see Sam Chan's lecture on "Story-Telling the Gospel" from his Evangelism in a Skeptical World Video Study, along with the corresponding CourseGuide for this lecture.
Follow along in the CourseGuide as you watch the lecture:
How to Access CourseGuides
CourseGuides are normally priced between $5.99 and $12.99 each, but all CourseGuides are included as part of your subscription to MasterLectures. Simply open the series you’d like to watch, scroll to the bottom to download the guide, and begin. CourseGuides are available for forty video series, and more will be added soon.
To see for yourself, start a free trial to MasterLectures and use the code COURSEGUIDE when you sign up. You'll get 14 days completely free. Then, you'll get a 50% reduced rate for the first three months, and you can cancel any time. (This offer expires at 11:59pm EST on Friday, May 1, 2020.)
Click here to start your FREE trial to MasterLectures.
For an even more immersive learning experience, check out Zondervan Academic Online Courses.
Sign up complete.