Greek and Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack
The Greek and Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack contains everything you need to learn the essentials of biblical Greek and Hebrew. With resources developed by Greek teacher and scholar William D. Mounce and Hebrew scholar and teacher Lee M. Fields, this revolutionary crash-course on "Greek and Hebrew for the rest of us" will acquaint you with the fundamentals of the languages and deepen your understanding of God's Word. The resources in this pack will teach you how to:
- Recite the Greek alphabet and the Hebrew alphabet
- Read and pronounce Greek and Hebrew words
- Learn the fundamentals of the Greek and Hebrew noun and verb systems
- Conduct effective Greek and Hebrew word studies
- Decipher why translations are different
- Read better commentaries
- Understand the information displayed by bible software
The Greek and Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack includes:
- Greek for the Rest of Us. This bestselling textbook is divided into three major sections (Foundational Greek, Church Greek, and Functional Greek), each of which builds on the previous section and takes you to the next level in understanding the essentials of biblical Greek.
- Greek for the Rest of Us Video Lectures. This DVD features 33 chapter-by-chapter video lectures that go through the content of the textbook, which amounts to almost 10 hours of video content.
- Greek for the Rest of Us Laminated Sheet. A quick reference guide to the central concepts in the textbook.
- Hebrew for the Rest of Us. This bestselling textbook is designed with the learner in mind. Its workbook-like format takes you through exercises to help you gauge how well you have learned the content.
- Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures. This DVD features 21 chapter-by-chapter video lectures that go through the content of the textbook, which amounts to almost 8 hours of video content.
The Greek and Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack provides a solid foundation for understanding biblical Greek and Hebrew and will help you learn how to use tools that will add muscle to your Bible studies.
About the Authors
William D. Mounce (PhD, Aberdeen University) lives as a writer in Washougal, Washington. He is the President of BiblicalTraining.org, a non-profit organization offering world-class educational resources for discipleship in the local church. See BillMounce.com for more information. Formerly he was a preaching pastor, and prior to that a professor of New Testament and director of the Greek Program at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. He is the author of the bestselling Greek textbook, Basics of Biblical Greek, and many other resources. He was the New Testament chair of the English Standard Version translation of the Bible, and is serving on the NIV translation committee.
Lee M. Fields (PhD, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Cincinnati) is a Distinguished Professor of Biblical Studies at Mid-Atlantic Christian University, Elizabeth City, NC. He has taught courses in Hebrew and Greek, Old and New Testament, and interpretation. In addition to supply preaching and some ministry, he has taught Sunday school classes and other small groups at churches. He has also presented various series for churches on church history, denominations, and one on canon, text, and versions called "From Stone Tablets to Clay Jars." He has also been involved with Bible translation efforts in Africa and Asia. He is the author of Hebrew for the Rest of Us (1st edition, Zondervan, 2008), An Anonymous Dialogue with a Jew in the series Corpus Christianorum in Translated (Brepols, 2012), and Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures (Zondervan, 2016). He also was contributor and co-editor with Milton Eng of Devotions on the Hebrew Bible (Zondervan, 2015). He has also written articles in various publications, both popular and scholarly, including a blog on Zondervan's koinonia website entitled "Hebrew and You."
- Product Details
- Page Count: 624
- Format: Mixed Media Set
- ISBN: 9780310537182
- Release: December 26, 2017