COVID-19 Response: We're still shipping to the continental U.S., and shipping is FREE.
Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack
The Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack contains everything you need to learn the essentials of biblical Hebrew. Developed by Hebrew scholar and teacher Lee M. Fields, this revolutionary crash-course on "Hebrew for the rest of us" will acquaint you with the fundamentals of the language and deepen your understanding of God's Word. The resources in this pack will teach you how to:
- Recite the Hebrew alphabet
- Read and pronounce Hebrew words
- Learn the Hebrew noun and verbal system
- Conduct effective Hebrew word studies
- Decipher why translations are different
- Read better commentaries
- Understand the information displayed by bible software
The Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack includes:
- Hebrew for the Rest of Us. This bestselling textbook is designed with the learner in mind, its workbook-like format takes you through exercises to help you gauge how well you have learned the content.
- Hebrew for the Rest of Us Video Lectures. This DVD features 21 chapter-by-chapter video lectures that go through the content of the textbook, which amounts to almost 8 hours of video content.
The Hebrew for the Rest of Us Pack will help you gain a sound knowledge of basic Hebrew, and you will learn how to use tools that will add muscle to your Bible studies.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - It Doesn't Look Like Greek to Me: The Hebrew Alphabet (32 min)
2 - Whose Language is Dead?: The History of Hebrew (26 min)
3 - Get the Point?: The Hebrew Vowels (26 min)
4 - Canon, Text, and Versions (23 min)
5 - Getting to the Root of the Matter: Hebrew Word Roots (24 min)
6 - "Yes, Virginia, There Are ... Clauses" (13 min)
7 - Wow!: The Conjunction Waw and Friends (27 min)
8 - Prepositions Come Before (11 min)
9 - What's in a Name?: Overview of Nominals (9 min)
10 - Be Sure You Read This!: The Article (14 min)
11 - A Tale of Two States: Case Functions (32 min)
12 - An Apt Description: Adjectives (25 min)
13 - Where the Action Is: Overview of Verbs (23 min)
14 - When the Perfect Comes: Perfect Forms (19 min)
15 - There's Nothing Wrong with ... Imperfect Forms (14 min)
16 - Where There's a Will, There Are ... Volitional Forms (17 min)
17 - To Infinitives and Beyond!: Infinitives and Participles (16 min)
18 - What Do You Mean?: Hebrew Word Studies (31 min)
19 - Tools of the Trade: Books in Paper and Electronic Form (6 min)
20 - If It's Not Poetry, It's ... Hebrew Prose (20 min)
21 - It May Not Rhyme, But It's Still ... Hebrew Poetry (20 min)
About the Author
Lee M. Fields is a trained Hebrew scholar with a PhD from Hebrew Union College. He is Professor of Bible and Theology at Mid-Atlantic Christian University (formerly Roanoke Bible College), in Elizabeth City, North Carolina.