* Keyed to four leading Hebrew grammars (Pratico/Van Pelt, Futato, Ross, Seow)
* Frequency numbers on every card
* Unusual forms included
* Cards numbered for easy assignment
* Cards 1–979 contain all words that occur 30 or more times (except proper names)
* Cards 980–1,000 contain select proper names and words occurring less than 30 times
Old Testament Hebrew Vocabulary Cards is part of the Zondervan Vocabulary Builder Series. Basics of Biblical Greek Vocabulary Cards is also available, keyed to Mounce.
About the Author
Miles Van Pelt (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Alan Belcher Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Languages at Reformed Theological Seminary in Jackson, Mississippi, where he also serves as Academic Dean. Miles lives in Madison, Mississippi, with his wife, Laurie, and their four children.
Part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 will introduce you to the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew, so you can begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.
The second part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 picks up where Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 leaves off, digging deeper into the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew. Together, these two courses equip you to begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.