The Reason for God Discussion Guide with DVD
Captured live and unscripted, watch candid conversations with real people that address the most common protests leveled against the Christian faith. This discussion guide and DVD video package will help you learn how to dialogue with those who share common doubts and objections to Christianity.
In his New York Times bestselling book, The Reason for God, Timothy Keller established himself as a modern-day C. S. Lewis who brings together faith and intellect, theology and popular culture, modern-day objections and historic Christian beliefs. Using literature, philosophy, and Scripture, Keller explores the truth and challenge of Christianity in this six-session small group conversation starter.
In the video sessions, Timothy Keller and six panelists hold candid and unscripted discussions about the broad scope of their discomforts with God, the Bible, and Christianity in general:
- Discussion 1: Is the Bible a myth? Has science disproved Christianity?
- Discussion 2: Is there only one way to God? Are other religions as valid?
- Discussion 3: Clashes with Christian morality and ethics – why are there so many rules?
- Discussion 4: Why would God allow suffering and evil.
- Discussion 5: Injustice and hypocrisy in the church.
- Discussion 6: Objections to God's wrath and judgement.
The Reason for God small group Bible study can be used individually or in a group setting by anyone engaging with friends who don't share his or her beliefs. For each video discussion, the study guide includes:
- An opening thought on the topic.
- A summary of the objection to the topic.
- Related Bible verses.
- Space for notetaking.
- Questions for group discussion.
You and your group will be challenged to wrestle with your friends' and neighbors' hardest questions and engage those questions in ways that will spark honest, enriching, and humbling dialogue.
This pack contains one guide and one DVD.
About the Author
Timothy Keller is the New York Times bestselling author of The Reason for God, The Meaning of Marriage, The Prodigal God, Jesus the King, and The Prodigal Prophet.