The Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar, 25th Anniversary
A celebration of 25 years of the Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar that features contributions from a diverse lineup of today's most respected scholars.
For twenty-five years, the Scripture and Hermeneutics Seminar has produced a steady stream of influential, global, diverse, ecumenical and world-class research and publications that have impacted a generation of scholars now in mid-career, teaching or ministering at various universities, seminaries, divinity schools, or churches around the globe. The volumes of the seminar have resourced countless classrooms and have been cited thousands of times in scholarly research and in the pulpits and Bible studies worldwide.
In celebration of the 25th year of the seminar (1997-2022), this compendium reflects on its work and impact. It offers new essays that chart the value of the seminar for biblical interpretation and the needs of biblical interpretation in the future, and includes stories from the formative SAHS community. This volume distills the work of the seminar for a new generation of students, opening to them a gateway to the community and to the resources developed over the past two decades.
Tightly organized, carefully arranged and cross-referenced, this volume:
- Highlights the work of a significant movement in biblical interpretation in the academy
- Charts a path of biblical interpretation from the past to the future
- Helps readers understand the philosophical and theological commitments that undergird biblical interpretation
- Helps readers construct a theological hermeneutics that yields a deeper, richer reading of Scripture
- Introduces readers to stories of the seminar from scholars and ministers impacted by it
This celebratory volume not only gives a unique perspective on the architecture of biblical interpretation in the first quarter of the twenty-first century, but it is offered in hope of preparing fertile soil for the next generation of women and men to cultivate biblical interpretation for years to come.
The volume features essays by Craig Bartholomew, David Beldman, Amber L. Bowen, Susan Bubbers, Jean-Louis Chrétien, Havilah Dharamraj, Bo Lim, Murray Rae, J. Aaron Simmons, Anthony Thiselton, and John Wyatt.
- Product Details
- Page Count: 288
- Format: Softcover
- ISBN: 9780310109655
- Release: October 11, 2022