Volunteering can be a rewarding and exciting experience—but to effectively serve you need to understand the why, how, and what of serving others. Based on the principles and training they have utilized at Wooddale Church, pastor Leith Anderson and Jill Fox will help you better understand:
- The importance of prayer in ministry
- Avoiding burnout and serving for the long-term
- Recruiting others to serve in ways that are natural and easy
- Enjoying the ‘pay’ that is more valuable than money
- Finding your fit and serving out of your strengths
This short and accessible book will help you to find the resources you need to be inspired and trained to serve in the most vital workforce in the world today—the church of Jesus Christ.
About the Authors
Leith Anderson serves as president of the National Association of Evangelicals. For thirty-five years he was the pastor of Wooddale Church in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. He is a graduate of both Denver Seminary and Fuller Theological Seminary. Anderson is the author of more than 20 books.