Brief Insights on Mastering Bible Doctrine
Clear comprehension of what the events in the Bible mean isn't a lost cause and doesn't require a PhD. This book is your guide to quickly deciphering key doctrines, providing expert observations so that you can comprehend more of Scripture than you ever have before.
There's a lot to think about in the Bible. We believe things on the basis of what it says, but Scripture doesn't spell everything out with equal clarity. For instance:
- How should we really understand the idea of the Trinity or the concept of Hell?
- Can unbelievers still please God?
- Do the first chapters of Genesis allow for more than one interpretation of the creation?
What the Bible says requires deep thought in order to come to conclusions about our Heavenly Father. If all you know of Scripture is Bible characters and stories, you're missing its life-changing teachings. But you don't have to become a theologian yourself to participate in mature reflections on its messages.
In Brief Insights on Mastering Bible Doctrine (part of the 60 Second Scholar series), Michael S. Heiser distills the research of biblical scholars down to 80 easy-to-grasp key teachings of Scripture that:
- Help readers learn how to think carefully and theologically about what the Bible says.
- Clear up common misconceptions about the Bible's truths.
- Cover the spectrum of Christian doctrine, succinctly drawing meaning from the Bible independent of denominational or political traditions.
With topics ranging from how the modern Bible came about to what God's Word tells us about the end times, this introdoctrine will give you the insights you need to hold your own in even the most animated biblical discussions.
About the Author
Michael S. Heiser (PhD, University of Wisconsin-Madison) is scholar-in-residence at Logos Bible Software. An adjunct professor at a couple of seminaries, he’s written numerous articles and books, including The Unseen Realm and I Dare You Not to Bore Me with the Bible.