Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, the completely revised Expositor's Bible Commentary puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands.
A staple for students, teachers, and pastors worldwide, The Expositor's Bible Commentary (EBC) offers comprehensive yet succinct commentary from scholars committed to the authority of the Holy Scriptures. The EBC uses the New International Version of the Bible, but the contributors work from the original Hebrew and Greek languages and refer to other translations when useful.
Each section of the commentary includes:
- An introduction: background information, a short bibliography, and an outline
- An overview of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- The complete NIV text
- Extensive commentary
- Notes on textual questions, key words, and concepts
- Reflections to give expanded thoughts on important issues
The series features 56 contributors, who:
- Believe in the divine inspiration, complete trustworthiness, and full authority of the Bible
- Have demonstrated proficiency in the biblical book that is their specialty
- Are committed to the church and the pastoral dimension of biblical interpretation
- Represent geographical and denominational diversity
- Use a balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
- Write from an evangelical viewpoint
For insightful exposition, thoughtful discussion, and ease of use—look no further than The Expositor's Bible Commentary.
Part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 will introduce you to the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew, so you can begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.
The second part of a two-course series, Basics of Biblical Hebrew 2 picks up where Basics of Biblical Hebrew 1 leaves off, digging deeper into the vocabulary and grammar of classical Hebrew. Together, these two courses equip you to begin studying the Old Testament in its original language.