A new commentary for today's world, The Story of God Bible Commentary explains and illuminates each passage of Scripture in light of the Bible's grand story.
The first commentary series to do so, SGBC offers a clear and compelling exposition of biblical texts, guiding everyday readers in how to creatively and faithfully live out the Bible in their own contexts. Its story-centric approach is ideal for pastors, students, Sunday school teachers, and laypeople alike.
Each volume employs three main, easy-to-use sections designed to help readers live out God's story:
- LISTEN to the Story: Includes complete NIV text with references to other texts at work in each passage, encouraging the reader to hear it within the Bible's grand story.
- EXPLAIN the Story: Explores and illuminates each text as embedded in its canonical and historical setting.
- LIVE the Story: Reflects on how each text can be lived today and includes contemporary stories and illustrations to aid preachers, teachers, and students.
Romans is a letter that has had monumental impact in the history of Christian thought. Delving into Romans helps us see more clearly the biblical story of how God reveals his salvation to both Israel and the nations and compels us to read the Old Testament with a hermeneutical lens which identifies Jesus as the centerpiece of Israel's redemptive history.
Edited by Scot McKnight and Tremper Longman III, and written by a number of top-notch theologians, The Story of God Bible Commentary series will bring relevant, balanced, and clear-minded theological insight to any biblical education or ministry.
About the Author
Michael F. Bird is academic dean and lecturer in New Testament at Ridley College in Melbourne, Australia. He is the author or editor of more than thirty books, including What Christians Ought to Believe, Seven Things I Wish Christians Knew about the Bible, and Evangelical Theology. He writes at michaelfbird.substack.com and can be followed on twitter @mbird12.
- Product Details
- Page Count: 608
- Format: Hardcover, Printed
- ISBN: 9780310327189
- Release: February 9, 2016