The Problem of Jesus, A Video Study
Look beyond the superficial understandings of Jesus to reexamine his powerful claims, teachings, and the events surrounding his life.
The modern world portrays Jesus in many ways for many reasons. But in order to see and understand the real Jesus and what the Gospels say about him, we have to take a closer look and be willing to accept him on his own controversial and challenging terms.
In this nine-session video study (guide sold separately), Mark Clark will guide you and your group through some of the essential aspects of the person and work of the historical Jesus of Nazareth, including:
- His parables and miracles.
- The historical and biblical accounts of him.
- His death and resurrection.
- His claim to be God.
Based on the commentary and reflections of his book, The Problem of Jesus, Mark Clark helps us come to a truer understanding of Jesus and the often-unexamined cost of following him.
This video-based study is designed to be experienced in a group setting or any small gathering, providing a safe space to wrestle with and strengthen your faith—and ultimately to deepen your discipleship to the Redeemer.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
- The Problem of the Historical Jesus, Part A (14 min)
- The Problem of the Historical Jesus, Part B (18 min)
- The Problem of the Gospels, Part A (15 min)
- The Problem of the Gospels, Part B (18 min)
- The Problem of Discipleship, Part A (16 min)
- The Problem of Discipleship, Part B (25 min)
- The Problem of Loving God, Part A (23 min)
- The Problem of Loving God, Part B (11 min)
- The Problem of Miracles, Part A (27 min)
- The Problem of Miracles, Part B (33 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Stories, Part A (14 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Stories, Part B (23 min)
- The Problem of Jesus as God, Part A (21 min)
- The Problem of Jesus as God, Part B (27 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Death, Part A (16 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Death, Part B (20 min)
- The Problem of the Resurrection, Part A (24 min)
- The Problem of the Resurrection, Part B (12 min)
The Problem of Jesus Study Guide (9780310108375) sold separately.
About the Author
Mark Clark is the founding and teaching pastor of Village Church (www.thisisvillagechurch.com) a multi-site church of thousands and expanding globally online. He was listed as one of the "26 Leaders To Watch" by Outreach Magazine in 2017, and his sermons have millions of downloads per year from over 100 countries! He is also the author of The Problem of God (Zondervan, 2017), and The Problem of Jesus (Zondervan, 2021).
Mark combines frank and challenging biblical preaching with real world application and apologetics to speak to both Christians and skeptics alike, confronting questions, doubts, and assumptions about Christianity.