The Problem of Jesus, A Video Study
Look beyond the superficial understandings of Jesus to reexamine his powerful claims, teachings, and the events surrounding his life.
The modern world portrays Jesus in many ways for many reasons. But in order to see and understand the real Jesus and what the Gospels say about him, we have to take a closer look and be willing to accept him on his own controversial and challenging terms.
In this nine-session video study (guide sold separately), Mark Clark will guide you and your group through some of the essential aspects of the person and work of the historical Jesus of Nazareth, including:
- His parables and miracles.
- The historical and biblical accounts of him.
- His death and resurrection.
- His claim to be God.
Based on the commentary and reflections of his book, The Problem of Jesus, Mark Clark helps us come to a truer understanding of Jesus and the often-unexamined cost of following him.
This video-based study is designed to be experienced in a group setting or any small gathering, providing a safe space to wrestle with and strengthen your faith—and ultimately to deepen your discipleship to the Redeemer.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
- The Problem of the Historical Jesus, Part A (14 min)
- The Problem of the Historical Jesus, Part B (18 min)
- The Problem of the Gospels, Part A (15 min)
- The Problem of the Gospels, Part B (18 min)
- The Problem of Discipleship, Part A (16 min)
- The Problem of Discipleship, Part B (25 min)
- The Problem of Loving God, Part A (23 min)
- The Problem of Loving God, Part B (11 min)
- The Problem of Miracles, Part A (27 min)
- The Problem of Miracles, Part B (33 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Stories, Part A (14 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Stories, Part B (23 min)
- The Problem of Jesus as God, Part A (21 min)
- The Problem of Jesus as God, Part B (27 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Death, Part A (16 min)
- The Problem of Jesus' Death, Part B (20 min)
- The Problem of the Resurrection, Part A (24 min)
- The Problem of the Resurrection, Part B (12 min)
The Problem of Jesus Study Guide (9780310108375) sold separately.
About the Author
Mark Clark is the senior pastor of Bayside Church Granite Bay, located in the Sacramento, California area, one of the largest congregations in the nation and host of the Thrive Conference. Previously Mark founded Village Church in Vancouver, Canada which grew into a multi-site church with locations across Canada and online around the world. Mark is a Bible teacher known for speaking to skeptics and engaging culture and the author of The Problem of Jesus and The Problem of God, which won the Word Award in 2018. Outreach Magazine voted Mark one of the Top 25 Leaders to Watch. Mark, his wife Erin, and their three daughters live in Granite Bay, CA.