Celebrate Recovery Updated Curriculum Kit
Alcoholism - Divorce - Sexual Abuse - Codependency - Domestic Violence - Drug Addiction - Sexual Addiction - Food Addiction - Gambling Addiction.
There is a way the church can help the wounded move beyond their hurts, habits, and hang-ups to experience the forgiveness of Christ. Celebrate Recovery helps the church fulfill its role as Christ’s healing agent.
Since 1991, over 1.5 million people have participated in the Celebrate Recovery programs offered at more than 29,000 churches, prisons, and rescue missions in 21 different languages. Developed by John Baker and Rick Warren of Saddleback Church, Celebrate Recovery offers a 12-step program based on the Beatitudes to help people overcome their hurts, habits, and hang-ups. Rather than setting up an isolated recovery community, this powerful program helps participants and their churches come together and discover new levels of care, acceptance, trust, and grace.
Included in the 25th anniversary kit are the following resources:
- 1 leader's guide
- 1 each of The Journey Begins participant's guides #1-4
- 1 each of The Journey Continues participant's guides #5-8
- 1 Pastor's Resource DVD with sermon transcripts, MP3 sermons, and three videos featuring John Baker, Johnny Baker, and Rick Warren
- 1 Leader's Resource DVD with 25 customizable lessons from The Journey Begins curriculum and three videos featuring John Baker, Johnny Baker, and Rick Warren
- 1 personal size Celebrate Recovery Study Bible
- 1 copy of Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery
- 1 copy of Celebrate Recovery Booklet: 28 Devotions
About the Author
John Baker is the founder of Celebrate Recovery®, a ministry started at Saddleback Church in 1991. John also served as the Pastor of Saddleback Church’s Signature Ministries and was a nationally known speaker and trainer in helping churches start Celebrate Recovery ministries. John’s writing accomplishments include Celebrate Recovery’s The Journey Begins Curriculum, Life’s Healing Choices, the NIV Celebrate Recovery Study Bible (general editor), and Your First Step to Celebrate Recovery. He also is the coauthor of The Celebrate Recovery Devotional and, with his son Johnny, the coauthor of Celebrate Recovery’s The Journey Continues curriculum. John is survived by his wife Cheryl, the cofounder of Celebrate Recovery, and was married for more than five decades.