Saving Truth Video Study
How Christians can guard their own minds against the lies that surround us and defend truth and clarity to a world that rejects both.
By accurately describing the Culture of Confusion, the rise of the "post-truth" mindset, and how it has affected our society, author Abdu Murray will awaken you and your group to the plight we find ourselves in and challenge Christians to steer away from contributing to such a culture by instead finding hope in the clarity that Christ offers.
In this eight-session, video study (guide sold separately) is designed to take you deeper into the topic of meaning and clarity through personal reflection and Scripture engagement and will:
- Help you understand the post-truth mindset and how it infects and affects us all.
- Equip you with facts and knowledge about the various areas of life where we are steeped in a post-truth mindset and losing our bearings as a culture, specifically: our freedom, our humanity, our sexuality, faith and science, and religious pluralism.
- Explain how the message of Jesus can answer our deepest questions, and how the actions of Jesus can bring truth and clarity to a post-truth culture desperately in need of objective, biblical truth.
For individuals or groups who feel like they're enmeshed in the culture of confusion, the Saving Truth Study Guide sheds light on the way to see through the fog that surrounds us—by seeing Jesus and his message as the fixed point of reference that we so desperately need.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
- The Blossoming of the Culture of Confusion (19 min)
- Confusion and the Church: Seductions of a Post-Truth Mindset (22 min)
- Confusion's Consequences - Getting Freedom Wrong (18 min)
- Clarity about Freedom (19 min)
- Clarity about Human Dignity (22 min)
- Clarity about Sexuality, Gender, and Identity (37 min)
- Clarity about Science and Faith (27 min)
- Clarity about Religious Pluralism (25 min)
- The Son through Fog: Clarity's Hope (14 min)
Saving Truth Study Guide (9780310092629) sold separately.
About the Author
Abdu Murray (JD, University of Michigan) is an apologist, leading debates, dialogues, and open forums around the world for churches, college campuses, and business and government gatherings. He hosts the podcast The Defense Rests. He is the author of many articles and three books, including Grand Central Question and Saving Truth.
What does it mean to live as a Christian in a “post-truth” age?
In this course, you’ll learn how to answer the deepest questions about reality, and you’ll learn a framework for defending truth in a culture of confusion.