In Christianity: The Biography Ian Shaw charts the story of Christianity from its birth and infancy among a handful of followers of Jesus Christ, through its years of development into a global religious movement, spanning continents and cultures and transcending educational and social backgrounds.
This new, accessible overview of the global history of Christianity:
- Narrates the story of the Christian tradition and its global heritage over two millennia
- Introduces the major phases, developments, movements, and personalities
- Explores interactions of Christianity with the wider society
- Is written from within the evangelical tradition, but accessible to others
- Presents nuanced, cogent analysis that draws on the latest scholarship
About the Author
Ian J. Shaw is Associate International Director of the Langham Scholars Program and Honorary Fellow, School of Divinity, New College, University of Edinburgh. He is the author of Churches, Revolutions and Empires: 1789-1914; High Calvinists in Action: Calvinism and the City; William Gadsby; and The Greatest Is Charity.