Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary SetNot Available Request an Exam Copy
An image rich, passage-by-passage, five-volume commentary box set of the entire New Testament.
The Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary integrates relevant historical and cultural insights, providing a deeper dimension of perspective to the words of Scripture.
Discoveries await you that will snap the world of the New Testament into new focus. Things that seem mystifying, puzzling, or obscure will take on tremendous meaning when you view them in their ancient context. With the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary, you'll:
- Deepen your understanding of the teachings of Jesus.
- Discover the close interplay between God's kingdom and the practical affairs of the church.
- Learn more about the real life setting of the Old Testament writings to help you identify with the people and circumstances described in Scripture.
- Gain a deeper awareness of the Bible's relevance for your life.
Detailed exegetical notes are combined with background information of the cultural settings that will help you interpret the Old Testament. This set brings all five volumes together into one beautiful package:
- Volume 1: Matthew, Mark, Luke
- Volume 2A: John
- Volume 2B: Acts
- Volume 3: Romans to Philemon
- Volume 4: Hebrews to Revelation
THE ZONDERVAN ILLUSTRATED BIBLE BACKGROUNDS COMMENTARY SERIES
Invites you to enter the world of the New Testament with a company of seasoned guides, experts who will help you understand and teach the biblical text more accurately. Features:
- Commentary based on relevant papyri, inscriptions, archaeological discoveries, and studies of Judaism, Roman culture, Hellenism, and other features of the world of the New Testament.
- Hundreds of full-color photographs, color illustrations, and line drawings.
- Copious maps, charts, and timelines.
- Sidebar articles and insights.
- "Reflections" on the Bible's relevance for 21st-century living.
- Product Details
- Page Count: 2,080
- Format: Hardcover Set
- ISBN: 9780310598756
- Release: June 11, 2019