Provides an outline for Christian ethics, explaining some of the major ideas and approaches with memorable charts, graphs, and other visual study aids.
Christian ethics is an important field of study for the student, pastor, or concerned layperson, but it's also one of the most complicated academic disciplines, having roots in both philosophy and theology.
If you have a hard time keeping straight the difference between deductive and inductive reasoning or remembering the various theories of knowledge, Charts of Christian Ethics provides a wealth of helpful information, laid out in a quickly graspable visual format. Divided into five major sections:
- Philosophical Foundations of Ethics (including logic, metaphysics, and epistemology)
- Approaches to Ethics (metaethics, normative ethics, and applied ethics)
- Biblical Foundations of Christian Ethics (hermeneutics, ethics in the Old Testament, and ethics in the New Testament)
- Theological Foundations of Christian Ethics (including God, creation, man, and the church)
- History of Ethics (including the premodern, modern, and postmodern eras)
Containing more than 100 charts, this volume is perfect for enhancing every type of teaching and learning situation and style, including classroom use, homeschooling curricula and tutoring, church classes and Sunday school.
ZondervanCharts are ready references for those who need the essential information at their fingertips. Accessible and highly useful, the books in this library offer clear organization and thorough summaries of issues, subjects, and topics that are key for Christian students and learners. The visuals and captions will cater to any teaching methodology, style, or program.