Charts of World ReligionsNot Available Request an Exam Copy
A quick and easy visual study aid for students and anyone interested in understanding today's complex religious mosaic.
Charts of World Religions allows for quick comparison and contrast of numerous systems of faith, beliefs, deities, and traditions. In clear, easy-to-understand charts, this book provides vital information on such topics as the origins of different religions, the nature of deity or ultimate spiritual reality, the source of spiritual truth, the nature of the human predicament, and the nature of salvation/enlightenment/liberation.
Highlights the differences between various beliefs, and details subdivisions of broad categories, such as various branches of Christianity and Islam. More than 90 charts appear in six major sections:
- Prolegomena to World Religions
- Comparison of World Religions
- Ancient Mediterranean Religions (including the Egyptian pantheon, Graeco-Roman deities)
- Western Religions (including Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Baha’i, and Secular Humanism)
- Eastern Religions (including Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Shintoism, Confucianism, and Sikhism)
- Indigenous Religions (including African, Caribbean, and Native American)
This volume is perfect for enhancing every type of teaching and learning situation and style, including classroom use, homeschooling curricula and tutoring, church classes and Sunday school.
ZondervanCharts are ready references for those who need the essential information at their fingertips. Accessible and highly useful, the books in this library offer clear organization and thorough summaries of issues, subjects, and topics that are key for Christian students and learners. The visuals and captions will cater to any teaching methodology, style, or program.
About the Author
H. Wayne House (ThD, JD) is distinguished research professor of theology, law, and culture at Faith Evangelical Seminary, Tacoma, Washington. He is the author of numerous books, including Charts of Cults, Sects, and Religious Movements; and Charts of Christian Theology and Doctrine; and Charts of Apologetics and Christian Evidences. Dr. House is past president of the Evangelical Theological Society. He and his wife Irina reside in Silverton, Oregon.
- Product Details
- Page Count: 336
- Format: Softcover, Layflat
- ISBN: 9780310204954
- Release: February 26, 2006