See how the history of the Christian church unfolded through the modern and postmodern eras.
Packed with teaching and learning tools, from charts and timelines, to maps and visual guides, Charts of Modern and Postmodern Church History will help you quickly grasp the historic foundation on which contemporary Christianity rests. From geography, to theology, to doctrines both orthodox and heretical, to key figures and movements over the last three hundred years, the broad comprehensive scope of modern church history is represented simply and clearly.
Perfect for enhancing every type of teaching and learning situation and style, including homeschooling curricula and tutoring, church classes and Sunday school. Notable topics include:
- The Second Great Awakening, the Rise of Seminaries, and the Protestant Missionary Movement
- The Rise of American Liberalism and "New Theology"
- Denominational Strife and the Rise of Evangelicalism
- Controversies within Mainline Denominations and Their Current State
- The African-American Church
- The Church Growth Movement
ZondervanCharts are ready references for those who need the essential information at their fingertips. Accessible and highly useful, the books in this library offer clear organization and thorough summaries of issues, subjects, and topics that are key for Christian students and learners. The visuals and captions will cater to any teaching methodology, style, or program.