The NIV Application Commentary helps you communicate and apply biblical text effectively in today's context.
To bring the ancient messages of the Bible into today's world, each passage is treated in three sections:
- Original Meaning. Concise exegesis to help readers understand the original meaning of the biblical text in its historical, literary, and cultural context.
- Bridging Contexts. A bridge between the world of the Bible and the world of today, built by discerning what is timeless in the timely pages of the Bible.
- Contemporary Significance. This section identifies comparable situations to those faced in the Bible and explores relevant application of the biblical messages. The author alerts the readers of problems they may encounter when seeking to apply the passage and helps them think through the issues involved.
This unique, award-winning commentary is the ideal resource for today's preachers, teachers, and serious students of the Bible, giving them the tools, ideas, and insights they need to communicate God's Word with the same powerful impact it had when it was first written.
About the Author
David Nystrom (PhD, University of California at Davis) is Professor in Residence at Western Seminary, Sacramento Campus. He is a specialist in Roman social history and in the New Testament. Dave is the author of dozens of articles and two books, The NIV Application Commentary: James, and The History of Christianity.
- Product Details
- Page Count: 352
- Format: Hardcover, Printed
- ISBN: 9780310493600
- Release: October 27, 1997